Monday, February 5, 2007

OK -- AOL

2/5/07

OK – AOL

This is why I’ve maintained a relationship with AOL. They can help make this thing go. There were only 39 other blog posts about networking for good. One place about Social Networking had zero threads. So that’s part of my goal for tonight. Make friends with AOL.
I’m a philanthropist. I just don’t have the endowment of Gates and Buffet, although I may contact these guys, who have not paid to be in the network. This is not set in stone. There is another guy who may come through – maybe I’ll post the letter here.
Also I want to open up My Space so I can talk to some people already there. And I’ll turn you all on to some books, movies, and music in my Blogger profile.
The news from my high school is so far non-existent. My message has been out there three days plus and there is resounding quiet. Not even a dud thump. There’s time, but I’m going to comment soon on the situation. The first time I hit the send button I felt awful. There’s got to be well over 100 adresses – too many to send at once, I was informed. It took days to work up the nerve to send in smaller batches, and there’s no reply. I think. For now I’m going to include Confederacy of Dunces in my books.
And I’m going to include Blue Velvet in my movies, if only for one of Dennis Hopper’s lines. Things have been hot for me in blogger land. This line did not impress a lady writer in my email to her. She must have complained because this other “demented” blogger is lady ranting about it. Finally, I’ve thanked a real lady writer for giving my writing some exposure on her blog. The thought that she was trying to expose me as not good, but a really crummy writer gave way when I decided to defend the controversial stuff as having some merit. I think she knows this too, and maybe I should have stayed quiet. Oh well, and I’m still going to defend the controversial priest thing, and the twelve step thing, where they should not have invited controversy to the name.
Finally there is another lady blogger to whom I wrote, “Maybe we’ll be blogger buddies." Maybe she remembers me from a chat or two, but she doesn’t really know me though I think she’s a really important writer from following her for a year. She likes her space and her privacy, so I don’t want her to feel weird about me being a fan. Some of this comes with the blogger territory, I think.
Here is the code to get to my spot nationwide:

No comments: